So I am sad to say that we have cooked one of my favorite meals today. We call it Wednesday dinner, because last semester we cooked it on Wednesdays due to a late class I had (as well as American Idol). It is very basic, takes almost no time and all you have to do is use your nose. This would be a great dish for a party starter, or a meal for a day where you have no time.
Prep time: 5 min
Cook time: 10 min
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 2 cups of frozen chopped green beans
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 Hillshire Farm Chicken Hardwood Smoked Sausage
- 2/3 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/3 cup of reduced-sodium soy sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch
- Throw minced garlic, onions and green beans in a medium to large sauce pan on medium heat. Stir occasionally for about 5 minutes (until green beans and onions are softened).
- Add the soy sauce and balsamic vinegar. Stir for about a minute. Then smell… If it does not burn your nose with balsamic vinegar, your doing it wrong. Don’t worry, the smell cooks out a little.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Obviously none since this is our recipe adapted from my mom’s
How was it?
Well, we love this dish. You may not be a fan of balsamic vinegar, just trust me though, it is delicious. This is something we have made a bunch of times, and never been disappointing.
Things we would change
Allison likes her onions sliced, I like them diced. Since I cut the onions, she was unhappy.