I thought this recipe seemed pretty Fourth of July-ish so we made it for a friend who celebrated the holiday with us! It was pretty easy to make, and tasted pretty good.
- We definitely made less chicken than the recipe called for.
- We chose to make only drumsticks so we only had to buy one type of chicken.
- Also, we added rice and a salad to the meal to make it complete.
How was it?
It was pretty good, although I forgot how much I really am not a fan of drumsticks. The flavor of the breadcrumbs could also use a bit more flavor, or maybe it was just the chicken in general.
Things We Would Change
- I think I would season the chicken before I bread it next time. Possibly some flavor including garlic, I think that would go well.
- We also would probably go with chicken breasts instead of the drumsticks, we prefer the meat better, plus it’s leaner.
The best part of the meal? Kendall brought over low-cal pineapple cupcakes! YUM! I’ll ask her for the recipe!