Kris’ parents came into town this evening and we had Teriyaki Pork Chops and Homestyle French Fries. Kris definitely made the sauce more of his own, so it’s technically more than a teriyaki sauce.
- Kris added a couple of different things to the sauce.
- 4 tablespoons teriyaki
- 1 1/2 tablespoon sweet chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon dried ground ginger
- The fries were also more like shoestring fries instead of steak fries.
How was it?
It was a good amount of Asian flavor, but it didn’t over power the flavor of the pork, they went together really well.
Things We Would Change
- I think low-sodium teriyaki would have been a better choice. I kind of knew this from the beginning, but they don’t sell it at the Walmart near my house.
With all the excitement of people getting into town, and a repair that needed to be made to our table, pictures didn’t get taken. We’ll get out of this lack of photo funk soon, don’t worry!