It’s good to see you all again. Allison and I are going to attempt to resurrect this blog, and so that’s what we’re doing. We decided to start it today, and we did a recipe that we did before, sort of. Tonight’s dinner was marinated steak fajitas with onions, bell peppers, lettuce, tomatoes, (Allison’s famous) guacamole, sour cream and cheese.
Executive Decisions – We did not have a recipe, so I will tell you what we did.
- We marinated the steak in (1 tbs) garlic, (1tsp) cumin, (1 tsp) chili powder and (1 tbs) cilantro.
- We cooked the steak on our (temperamental) grill for 4 minutes (1 minute per side, per angle).
- We sliced the veggies (yellow onions and green bell peppers) and cooked them over medium-high heat
- We cooked some rice in our turkey stock.
- Allison’s famous guacamole consists of avocado, minced onions, lime, cilantro and salt. I don’t know how she does it, but it’s amazing.
How Was It?
It was very good. The grill did not allow us to get the steak to medium, it was closer to medium well. Still, the food was really good.
Things We Would Change
I would have cooked the beef for a minute less. I prefer my steaks medium at the most, so it is frustrating to see it cooked anymore than that. Salude!